Every component of a heating, ventilating and air conditioning system plays a key role in its efficient operation, including an air handler, which is responsible for moving large quantities of fresh air throughout a home or business and cycling air back to the HVAC system. If problems are surfacing with the air handling equipment of your AC and heating system, call the complete HVAC service experts at First Service Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning to get your air handler back on track and performing perfectly.
Causes of Air Handler Problems
An air handler acts as the workhorse of the ventilation operation of an HVAC system, moving air-conditioned flow through ducts in a home or commercial building and returning air to the air handler through an air-exchange vent. Whether your property has a small terminal air handling unit, air handling equipment in a packaged unit, rooftop or exterior unit, trust the HVAC experts at First Service Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning for first-rate service and installation.
An air handler has several components to do its job in circulating air. Several things can go wrong with the hard-working equipment:
- Mechanical problems. Years of operation without preventative maintenance take their toll on all components of an HVAC system, including the air handler. Motors fail, fan blades bend, belts break, blowers quit.
- Rusted housing. The protective chamber may corrode and disintegrate, exposing the entire unit to the elements.
- Dirty air filters. Clogged up filters can jeopardize the efficient operation of the entire HVAC system.
- Loose wiring. Vibrations and bad initial installation can cause an air handler to run poorly or quit entirely.
- Bad electronic components. Electrical parts can get wet, short out and burn out, rendering the air handler useless until replacement parts are installed.
- Iced-up evaporator coil. A packaged unit will contain an evaporator coil that may freeze and cause problems for the HVAC unit.
Full-Service Solution Provider for Air Handlers
If you experience the cooling power of your HVAC system is lower than it used to be, your air handler may be to blame. If your air handler has stopped working altogether, makes unusual noises or is operating inefficiently, it is time to call in the professionals at First Service Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning. In addition to the blower, a packaged HVAC unit can contain the AC coil, motors, fans, noise attenuators and filters. Our experienced service technicians will inspect your HVAC system, including your air handler, for deficiencies and diagnose the problem to reach an effective repair solution.
Superior Service for Air Handlers | First Service Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning
Call us with any concerns you may have about your air handler or HVAC system. The HVAC service professionals at First Service Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning take a holistic and systematic approach to examine the air handler and evaluating how issues with it may affect other components of the heating and air conditioning system. Call us for fast, capable and affordable service today.